Preparation of SiC-C composite fibre by carbothermic reduction of silica
- 126 Downloads
The SiC-coated carbon fibre (SiC-C composite fibre) was prepared by the carbothermic reduction of silica. The composite fibre was examined by X-ray diffraction, scanning electromicroscopy and chemical analysis. Thermogravimetry was used to determine the reduction rate of silica, and the formation mechanism of the SiC film was revealed by a kinetic study. The oxidation resistance of the composite fibre was evaluated by heating in an oxygen gas stream.
KeywordsOxidation Oxygen Polymer Chemical Analysis Thermogravimetry
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J. R. STRIFE and J. E. SHEEHAN, Ceram. Bull. 67 (1988) 369.Google Scholar
- 2.D. W. MCKEE, “Chemistry and Physics of Carbon”, Vol. 16, edited by P. L. WALKER Jr and P. A. THROWER (Marcel Dekker, New York, 1981) pp. 1–118.Google Scholar
- 5.Idem, ibid. 24 (1986) 659.Google Scholar
- 13.T. SHIMOO, F. MIZUTAKI, S. ANDO and H. KIMURA, Nippon Kinzoku-Gakkai-Shi 52 (1988) 945.Google Scholar
- 14.T. SHIMOO and F. MIZUTAKI, ibid. 53 (1989) 838.Google Scholar
- 15.T. SHIMOO, ibid. 54 (1990) 41.Google Scholar
- 17.H. HASHIMOTO, “Kagaku-Sosetu No. 9” (Tokyo-Daigaku-Shuppankai, Tokyo, 1975) pp. 209–36.Google Scholar