High Tc superconductor polymer composites based on YBa2Cu3O7−x
- 32 Downloads
This work reports on the study of the microstructure and electrical properties (conduction and superconduction) of YBa2Cu3O7−x (Y) and polypropylene (PP) composites. For the purpose of enhancing and improving their conductive properties, different amounts of carbon black (N) and copper (Cu) were incorporated into these composites, and the effects of N, Cu and Y were determined, both on the microstructure of PP and on the electrical properties of the resulting composites. The complex systems on the basis of PP/Cu/Y and PP/N/Y were sintered in order to study their mechanical characteristics, their morphology and the superconductor properties of the end products.
KeywordsPolymer Copper Microstructure Complex System Polypropylene
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. S. Whittingham and L. B. Ebert, “Intercalated layered materials”, edited by F. Levy (Reidel Publishing Co. Dordrecht, The Netherlands, 1979) p. 555.Google Scholar
- 3.A. W. Sleight, J. K. Gillson and P. E. Biersteor, Solid State Commun. 17 (1979) 299.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Duran, J. L. Acosta, C. Moure, J. Rincon, J. R. Jurado, C. Pascual, P. Recio, J. F. Fernandez and J. Tartaj, in Midas Progress “Superconductivity in Spain” (1990) p. 93.Google Scholar
- 10.M. Carrera and M. A. Crusellas, in Midas Progress “Superconductivity in Spain” (1990) p. 61.Google Scholar
- 11.A. K. Sarkar and T. L. Peterson, J. Eng. Sci. 32(5) (1992) 305.Google Scholar
- 15.A. T. Ponomarenko, V. G. Sheuchenko, I. A. Tchomotin, A. A. Ouchinnikov and N. S. Enicolopian, “Polymer Composites” (Walter Guyter and Co., Berlin, New York, 1986).Google Scholar
- 17.M. Ain, J. M. Delrieu and A. Menelle, “U. Orsay: High Tc Superconductor”, Preprint V. 8, 1988.Google Scholar