Morphogenesis of the tail fiber of bacteriophage T4
- 41 Downloads
The tail fiber component ofcoli phage T4 was purified and partially characterized. The material was purified approximately 1 200 fold over the original lysate obtained fromE. coli B/1 cells infected with a mutant in gene 34 (am A455). The purified material was ultracentrifugally, electrophoretically and electron microscopically homogeneous. Its chemical composition were also analyzed.
The purified component was characterized to be a half fiber controlled by at least four genes, 35, 36, 37, and 38.
KeywordsFiber Component Tail Fiber Original Lysate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Fukami, A., Adachi, A.: On a new preparation method of a self perforated micro plastic grid and its apprication I. J. Electronmicroscopy14, 112–118 (1965).Google Scholar
- Shinomiya, T., Imada, S., Tsugita, A.: Isolation of the gene 35-product and the genes 36-37-38 product of the fiber component of T4 phage (in preparation).Google Scholar
- Takata, R., Imada, S., Shinomiya, T., Tsugita, A.: Purification of the tail fiber components of bacteriophage T4. 7th of the Japanese Biophysical Congress, Tokyo (1968).Google Scholar
- Terzaghi, E., Tsugita, A.:In vitro assembly of T4 phage. Japan J. Genetics41, 484 (Abstr.) (1966).Google Scholar
- Ward, S., Wood, W. B.: Purification of an intermediate in phage T4 tail fiber assembly. Fed. Proc.27, 592 (1968).Google Scholar
- Yanagida, M., Ahmad-Zadeh, C.: Determination of gene product positions in bacteriophage T4 by specific antibody association. Submitted to J. molec. Biol. (1970).Google Scholar