Incidence of inapparent active mycobacterial infections in France detected by an IgG serological test based on antigen 60
- 14 Downloads
A serological test detecting circulating mycobacterial antibodies of the IgG type applied to various populations. The test detected no positive cases among old age people in a retirement home. Among sexually active women, 3% were positive. This percentage of antigen 60-positive cases was also found among asymptomatic HIV seropositives. The percentage augmented to 5.7% when hospital attendants were analyzed and augmented further to 14% when people known to have had contact with a man suffering from pulmonary tuberculosis were analyzed.
KeywordsTuberculosis Serological Test Pulmonary Tuberculosis Mycobacterial Infection Active Woman
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Bleiker MA, Risljenovic O (1988) Report on a study on the prevalence of specific and non-specific tuberculin sensitivity in school children in Europe. Bull Int Union Tuberc 62:73–74Google Scholar
- 2.Casal M, Linares MJ (1988) Diagnostico serologico de la tuberculosis. Estudio delà primera prueba comercializada existente (ANDAELISA-Tuberculosis). Rev Esp Microbiol, Clin 3:491–492Google Scholar
- 3.Cocito C, Vanlinden F (1986) Preparation and properties of antigen 60 from Mycobacterium bovis BCG. Clin exp Immunol 66:262–272Google Scholar
- 4.Del Pezzo M, Gulletta E, Covelli I (1988) Dosaggio dell IgG antimiccobatteri in pazienti sieropositivi per HIV. 17th National Congress A.M.C.I.I. Rimini Publis: Microbiologia Medica RomaGoogle Scholar
- 5.Homasson JP, Normand M, Angelbault M, Bonniot JP, Baud D, François S (1988) Diagnostic sérologique de la tuberculose. Technique ELISA et antigéne 60. Rev Mal Respir 5:R68Google Scholar
- 6.Kardjito T, Handoyo I, Grange JM (1982) Diagnosis of active tuberculosis by immunological methods. Tubercle 63:269–274Google Scholar
- 7.Lind A, Bentson WM, Larson LD, Magnusson M, Olafson J, Sjôgren I, Skoogh BE, Taranger J (1988) Further results on sensitisin studies in Göteborg, Sweden. Ninth annual meeting of the European Society of Mycobacteriologists, 27. E.S.M. LisbonGoogle Scholar
- 8.Maes R, Homasson JP, Kubin M, Bayer M (1989) Development of an enzyme immunoassay for the serodiagnosis of tuberculosis and mycobacterioses. Med Microbiol Immunol 78:323–335Google Scholar
- 9.McFadden JJ, Houdayer C (1988) No evidence for antibodies to mycobacterial A60 antigen in Crohn's disease sera by enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assay (ELLISA). J Med Microbiol 25:295–298Google Scholar
- 10.Pangon B, Bizet C, Michon C, Bure A (1988) Hémocultures et mycobactéries: à propos de 1260 recherches chez 482 patients VIH-séropositifs. Rev Fr Lab 179:85–88Google Scholar
- 11.Styblo H, Rouillon A (1981) Estimated global incidence of smear positive pulmonary tuberculosis. Unreliability of officially reported figures on tuberculosis. Bull Int Union Tuberc 56:118–126Google Scholar