Breaking the Paradigm: The Pattern of Life
- Tom BarbaletAffiliated withNoble Ape and Biota.org Email author
How can there be a coherent understanding of the origin of life when life is so poorly understood? This chapter explores the perceptual boundaries of life with the result that the structure of living systems (outside the problems of the perception of life) provides an improved definition of what life is and how to find new forms of life. This is done with the implicit assumption that the origin of life existed outside the domain of human perception and thus needs to be determined through a new paradigm: the pattern of life.
- Breaking the Paradigm: The Pattern of Life
- Book Title
- Genesis - In The Beginning
- Book Subtitle
- Precursors of Life, Chemical Models and Early Biological Evolution
- pp 253-266
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Cellular Origin, Life in Extreme Habitats and Astrobiology
- Series Volume
- Series ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media B.V.
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.