Sectorial Energy and Exergy Utilization
Download Chapter (744 KB)
Thermodynamic analysis based on energy and exergy balance can be applied at macroscales such as sector of activity, geopolitical region, country, group of countries, or the world. An energy balance can be determined by accounting for all primary energy flows, all useful forms of energy, and the energy losses in the conversion processes. Such analysis gives important insights regarding the way in which the primary energy resources are used; it helps identify the ways and places for improvement, and it is a necessary tool for macroeconomical planning.
- Ayres R.U., Ayres L.W., Warr B. 2003. Exergy, power and work in the US economy, 1900–1998. Energy 28:219–273. CrossRef
- Brzustowski T.A., Brena A. 1986. Second-law analysis of energy processes part IV: the exergy of hydrocarbon fuels. Transactions of the Canadian Society of Mechanical Engineers 10:121–128.
- Dincer I. 1997. Energy and GDP analysis of OECD countries. Energy Conservation and Management 38:685–696. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Al-Rashed B. 2002. Energy analysis of Saudi Arabia. International Journal of Energy Research 26:263–278. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Dost S., Li X. 1997. Energy reality and future projections in Canada. Energy Sources 19:233–243. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Hussain M.M., Al-Zaharnah I. 2004a. Energy and exergy use in public and private sector of Saudi Arabia. Energy Policy 32:1615–1624. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Hussain M.M., Al-Zaharnah I. 2004b. Energy and exergy use in residential sector of Saudi Arabia. Energy Sources 26:1239–1252. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Hussain M.M., Al-Zaharnah I. 2005. Energy and exergy utilization in agricultural sector of Saudi Arabia. Energy Policy 33:1461–1467. CrossRef
- Dincer I., Rosen M.A. 2007. Exergy: Energy, Environment and Sustainable Development. Elsevier, Oxford, UK.
- Hepbasli A. 2005. Modeling of sectoral energy and exergy utilization. Energy Sources 27:903–912. CrossRef
- Jaber J.O., Al-Ghandoor A., Sawalha S.A. 2008. Energy analysis and exergy utilization in the transportation sector of Jordan. Energy Policy 36:2985–2990. CrossRef
- Ji X., Chen G.Q. 2006. Exergy analysis of energy utilization in the transportation sector in China. Energy Policy 34:1709–1719. CrossRef
- Kondo K. 2009. Energy and exergy utilization efficiencies in the Japanese residential/commercial sectors. Energy Policy 37:3475–3483. CrossRef
- Koroneos C.J., Nanaki E.A. 2008. Energy and exergy utilization assessment of the Greek transport sector. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 52:700–706. CrossRef
- Oladiran M.T., Meyer J.P. 2007. Energy and exergy analyses of energy consumptions in the industrial sector in South Africa. Applied Energy 84:1056–1067. CrossRef
- Reistad G.M. 1975. Available energy conversion and utilization in the United States. Journal of Engineering for Power 97:429–434. CrossRef
- Rosen M.A. 1992. Evaluation of energy utilization efficiency in Canada using energy and exergy analyses. Energy 17:339–350. CrossRef
- Saidur R., Sattar M.A., Masjuki H.H., Abdessalam H., Shahruan B.S. 2007. Energy and exergy analysis at the utility and commercial sectors of Malaysia. Energy Policy 35:1956–1966. CrossRef
- Statistics Canada 2008. Report on energy supply and demand in Canada. Catalogue 57-003-X.
- Utlu Z., Hepbasli A. 2004. Turkey's sectoral energy and exergy analysis between 1999 and 2000. International Journal of Energy Research 28:1117–1196. CrossRef
- Utlu Z., Hepbasli A. 2006. Assessment of the energy utilization efficiency in the Turkish transportation sector between 2000 and 2020 using energy and exergy analysis method. Energy Policy 34:1611–1618. CrossRef
- Utlu Z., Hepbasli A. 2007a. Parametrical investigation of the effect of dead (reference) state on energy and exergy utilization efficiencies of residential-commercial sectors: A review and an application. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews 11:603–634. CrossRef
- Utlu Z., Hepbasli A. 2007b. A review and assessment of the energy utilization efficiency in the Turkish industrial sector using energy and exergy analysis method. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews11:1438–1459. CrossRef
- Utlu Z., Hepbasli A. 2009. Exergoeconomic aspects of sectoral energy utilization for Turkish industrial sector and their impact on energy policies. Energy Policy 37:577–587. CrossRef
- Xydis G., Koroneos C., Polyzakis A. 2009. Energy and exergy analysis of the Greek hotel sector: An application. Energy and Buildings 41:402–406. CrossRef
- Sectorial Energy and Exergy Utilization
- Book Title
- Sustainable Energy Systems and Applications
- pp 723-751
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Springer US
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media, LLC
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.