Date: 21 Jul 2012
Reducing Risks to Rural Water Security in Africa
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This synopsis was not peer reviewed.
- Arlosoroff, S, Tschannerl, G, Grey, D, Journey, W, Karp, A, Langenegger, O, Roche, R (1987) Community water supply: The handpump option. The World Bank, Washington, DC
- Bannerjee, S, Morella, E (2011) Africa’s water and sanitation infrastructure: Access, affordability, and alternatives. The World Bank, Washington, DC
- Biermann, F, Abbott, K, Andresen, S, Bäckstrand, K, Bernstein, S, Betsill, MM, Bulkeley, H, Cashore, B (2012) Navigating the anthropocene: Improving earth system governance. Science 335: pp. 1306-1307 CrossRef
- Cairncross, S, Bartram, J, Cumming, O, Brocklehurst, C (2010) Hygiene, sanitation and water: What needs to be done?. PLoS Medicine 7: pp. 1-7 CrossRef
- Harvey, P, Reed, B (2007) Community-managed water supplies in Africa: Sustainable or dispensable?. Community Development Journal 42: pp. 365-378 CrossRef
- Hope, R.A., Thomson, P., and Foster, T. 2012. Harnessing mobile communications innovations for water security. Global Policy. doi:10.1111/j.1758-5899.2011.00164.
- Special report on managing extremes and disasters to advance climate change adaptation. Inter-governmental panel on climate change. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge
- MacDonald, A.M., Bonsor, H.C., Dochartaigh, B.É.Ó., and Taylor, R.G. 2012. Quantiative maps of groundwater resources in Africa. Environmental Research Letters 7. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/2/024009.
- Ostrom, E (1990) Governing the commons. The evolution of institutions for collective action. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge CrossRef
- RWSN. 2010. Myths of rural water supply sector, Perspectives No. 4. Rural Water Supply Network: Gland, Switzerland.
- Thomson, P., Hope, R.A., and Foster, T. 2012. GSM-enabled remote monitoring of rural handpumps: A proof of concept study. Journal of Hydroinformatics. doi:10.2166/hydro.2012.183.
- UN. 2011. The human right to safe drinking water and sanitation. United Nations General Assembly, A/HRC/18/L.1, 23 Sept 2011.
- Vorosmarty, C, McIntyre, JPB, Gessner, MO (2010) Global threats of human water security and river biodiversity. Nature 467: pp. 555-561 CrossRef
- WHO/UNICEF. 2012. Joint monitoring programme for water supply and sanitation data tables [online]. WHO and UNICEF. Retrieved April 20, 2012 from http://www.wssinfo.org/data-estimates/table/.
- Reducing Risks to Rural Water Security in Africa
Volume 41, Issue 7 , pp 773-776
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links