Reducing Risks to Rural Water Security in Africa
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
This synopsis was not peer reviewed.
- Arlosoroff, S., G. Tschannerl, D. Grey, W. Journey, A. Karp, O. Langenegger, and R. Roche. 1987. Community water supply: The handpump option. Washington, DC: The World Bank.
- Bannerjee, S., and E. Morella. 2011. Africa’s water and sanitation infrastructure: Access, affordability, and alternatives. Washington, DC: The World Bank.
- Biermann, F., K. Abbott, S. Andresen, K. Bäckstrand, S. Bernstein, M.M. Betsill, H. Bulkeley, B. Cashore, et al. 2012. Navigating the anthropocene: Improving earth system governance. Science 335: 1306–1307. CrossRef
- Cairncross, S., J. Bartram, O. Cumming, and C. Brocklehurst. 2010. Hygiene, sanitation and water: What needs to be done? PLoS Medicine 7: 1–7. CrossRef
- Harvey, P., and B. Reed. 2007. Community-managed water supplies in Africa: Sustainable or dispensable? Community Development Journal 42: 365–378. CrossRef
- Hope, R.A., Thomson, P., and Foster, T. 2012. Harnessing mobile communications innovations for water security. Global Policy. doi:10.1111/j.1758-5899.2011.00164.
- IPCC. 2012. Special report on managing extremes and disasters to advance climate change adaptation. Inter-governmental panel on climate change. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
- MacDonald, A.M., Bonsor, H.C., Dochartaigh, B.É.Ó., and Taylor, R.G. 2012. Quantiative maps of groundwater resources in Africa. Environmental Research Letters 7. doi:10.1088/1748-9326/7/2/024009.
- Ostrom, E. 1990. Governing the commons. The evolution of institutions for collective action. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press. CrossRef
- RWSN. 2010. Myths of rural water supply sector, Perspectives No. 4. Rural Water Supply Network: Gland, Switzerland.
- Thomson, P., Hope, R.A., and Foster, T. 2012. GSM-enabled remote monitoring of rural handpumps: A proof of concept study. Journal of Hydroinformatics. doi:10.2166/hydro.2012.183.
- UN. 2011. The human right to safe drinking water and sanitation. United Nations General Assembly, A/HRC/18/L.1, 23 Sept 2011.
- Vorosmarty, C., J.P.B. McIntyre, M.O. Gessner, et al. 2010. Global threats of human water security and river biodiversity. Nature 467: 555–561. CrossRef
- WHO/UNICEF. 2012. Joint monitoring programme for water supply and sanitation data tables [online]. WHO and UNICEF. Retrieved April 20, 2012 from http://www.wssinfo.org/data-estimates/table/.
- Reducing Risks to Rural Water Security in Africa
Volume 41, Issue 7 , pp 773-776
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer Netherlands
- Additional Links