Cryogenic engineering, production and use of industrial gases, vacuum engineering
- N. G. Kirillov
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The experience of development and tests of the world’s first container-type power plant having a Stirling engine operating on coal methane has been generalized. An analysis has been made of the prospects of Russia’s coal regions for producing coal methane as well as of the various technologies of coal methane utilization for electric power and heat generation. The prospects of use for these purposes of power plants having Stirling engines have been substantiated. Full-scale tests of the original design of the container (capsule) power plant having a Stirling engine have been performed. A foreign-made engine was used as the Stirling engine. The obtained test data open up enormous possibilities of development of distributed electrical power industry based on power plants having Stirling engines in coal regions of Russia and other countries of the world with utilization of a new alternative type of motor fuel, namely, coal methane.
- N. G. Kirillov, “Mine methane-an alternative gaseous fuel,” Mash. Mekh., No. 2, 24–31 (2008).
- N. G. Kirillov, Power Generating Systems Based on Stirling Machines-New Independent Power Generating Tech-nologies for Oil and Gas Complex of Russia [in Russian], IRTs Gazprom, Moscow (2004), p. 39.
- N. G. Kirillov, “Power plants based on Stirling Engines. New technologies for utilization of alternative fuels,” Vestn. Mashinostr., No. 2, 6–11 (2008).
- N. G. Kirillov, “Gas piston Stirling engines-a technological breakthrough in atomic power generation in the 21st century,” GAZinform, No. 2, 34–41 (2008).
- Cryogenic engineering, production and use of industrial gases, vacuum engineering
Chemical and Petroleum Engineering
Volume 46, Issue 3-4 , pp 142-145
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Springer US
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- N. G. Kirillov (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Stirlingmash Innovative-Consulting Center, St. Petersburg, Russia