Quality of Red River Valley Potatoes in various types of consumer packages
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Report of a study made under the Research and Marketing Act of 1946.
Dr. M. A. Smith and Mr. Vincent A. Reubelt, of the Division of Fruit and Vegetable Crops and Diseases, assisted with some of the inspections. Some of the potatoes used in these experiments were furnished by the Red River Valley Potato Growers Association. Packages used in these tests were furnished by John Whitnack and Walter Fankhanel, of the Associated Potato Growers, Grand Forks, N. Dak; J. B. Sickel, of the International Paper Co., Chicago, Illinois ; Dr. Wm. Aldrich, of the American Fruit Growers Inc., Hagerstown, Md. ; Food Packaging, Milwaukee, Wisconsin ; Shellmar Products Corp., Mt. Vernon, Ohio; and Flexible Package Co., Chicago, Illinois. The cooperation of these individuals and firms is gratefully acknowledged.
- Alban, E. K. 1945. Weight loss of potatoes stored in various containers and treatments which may reduce this loss. Veg. Grower Assoc. Amer. Ann. Report 1945: 148–156.
- Childress, R. L. 1949. Grade qualities of potatoes in retail stores, N. Y. Agr. Exp. Sta. A. E. 707.
- DeLoach, D. B. and Sitton, G. R. 1941. Marketing Central Oregon and Klamath Basin Late-crop potatoes. Ore. Agr. Exp. Sta. Bull. 400.
- Merchant, C. H. and Woodward, H. C. 1949. Quality of potatoes in retail stores in Boston, Massachusetts and Maine markets. Me. Agr. Exp. Sta. Bull. 466.
- Quality of Red River Valley Potatoes in various types of consumer packages
American Potato Journal
Volume 28, Issue 5 , pp 589-602
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Division of Fruit and Vegetable Crops and Diseases, Bureau of Plant Industry, Soils and Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Research Administration, Unified States Department of Agriculture, East Grand Forks, Minn, and Chicago, Ill.